Upon arriving at the airport in San Francisco and prepared to begin his new morning show, Sea Bass received a call from Greg Mull, now the PD of Tampa Bay's new WXTB, with an offer to host the morning show on America's first Active Rock/Nu Metal station.

He jumped at the opportunity and immediately flew to Tampa to finalize a contract. In January 1990, WXTB signed on and soon became one of the most powerful and influential Rock stations in the country.

For the first few weeks, he stunted in full character as surfer dude 'Buck Maui', then officially appeared as 'Sea Bass' when Buck Maui 'drowned' while surfing.

98 Rock's first official Morning Show debuted as "Sea Bass and Chief" with Sea Bass actually voicing his 'partner' Big Chief Meteorologist.

Sea Bass, an accomplished life-long surfer, resides in Palm Beach, Florida today, and spends several months of the year catching the waves and living in El Salvador. He is no longer active in radio/TV but doesn't rule out a return to the airwaves in the future.

Sea Bass entered radio at a small, but excellent  am station WSTU.  He quickly moved up to FM Rock powerhouse WSHE in MIami where he caught the attention of Jim McBean and Skip Herman of the WSHE Morning Show, and given a weekend air shift.

Before beginning his radio career, Sea Bass (Tommy Miske) was a highly touted professional baseball prospect, until a shoulder injury with the AAA Inter-American League  Miami Amigos ended any chance of that happening.

Several years later a comeback attempt with the Ft. Myers Sun Sox of the Senior Professional Baseball Association in 1989 was short lived when Tom declined a Sun Sox contract offer to pursue a rapidly growing radio career.

Greg Mull then began building an ensemble cast which included Al Keck on Sports and Heather McCoy with the News.

In late 1992 Sea Bass recruited Chicago air personality Liz Wilde to co host the show but management was unable to reach an agreement with Liz and instead inserted a much less expensive Marla Stone, who's only real on air experience was a brief stint on the grave yard shift at WYNF.  


When crosstown rival WYNF folded and morning stars Ron and Ron  went off the air, the WXTB Morning Show reached record ratings.

Three years later, with the show at it's peak and Sea Bass now drawing a hefty six figure salary, WXTB decided to do some cost cutting and paired Marla with a new, less costly co host, with the hopes of maintaining ratings.  A move that would ultimately prove to be a disaster for 98 Rock.

He was soon discovered by Greg Mull, PD at WRXK/Ft. Myers, who immediately began grooming him as a future morning show host there.

In 1988, Sea Bass took over the lead of a failing K-Rock morning show, pushed it in a totally new direction, to the very top of the ratings. Suddenly in demand, he was offered, and accepted a lucrative offer to host the morning show at KXFX, Santa Rosa, CA.

He then entered Talk radio and enjoyed several years of success at WPBR and had gained a loyal, almost cult like following until the station was sold and Sea Bass found himself unemployed. In 2004 he returned to the airwaves without fanfare at WBGG in Miami. In 2009, he resigned and retired from radio.



His next move was to the Palm Beaches to do mornings at WKGR which often resulted in beating Howard Stern in head to head across town competition. Despite having the top rated morning show, new WKGR ownership came in and Sea Bass was replaced with the syndicated Bob and Tom show.